Remediation Business Analyst
Length: 6 months
Hybrid - Monday and Thursday Office Days
Overall purpose of role:
The role holder will provide analyst support for a key programme of activity for BPF’s Affordability agenda, with key focus on Affordability risk and issues management within the scope of Programme Wellington. Primary accountabilities include business analysis activities on key customer and conduct data to support in the setting the strategy for specific portfolio subsets. The analysis involves a diverse range of internal and external sources such as procedures and practices across the bank with the objective of helping to draw out key themes and trends from the customer and account data across subsets of the BPF loan book.
- Help identify, size and prioritise opportunities to improve customer outcomes, in line with all internal standards and external regulation.
- Routine review of Affordability performance data .
- Preparation and interpretation of Affordability MI for governance forums, such as Wellington SteerCo.
- Set requirements for change informed by Affordability insight data and performance MI.
- Work with second line functions to identify any historic weaknesses in our assessment, or process failings that may have led to incorrect decisions.
- Determine whether or not these may have caused actual customer harm, and if so work closely with Remediation Customer Services to lead a programme to provide appropriate remediation
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills. Good analytical skills and an enthusiastic interest in data analysis.
- A strong drive for results is critical as the role holder is accountable for this and is required to set this culture and lead by example.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and a thorough investigative approach. Inquisitive, probing nature.
- Keen on discovering connections in data and the impact of specific changes on overall outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder management skills: leading, influencing and negotiating with cross-functional teams is critical for success
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience of project delivery, data analysis and data manipulation tools to provide business oversight and insights, with a strong customer focus and drive to do the right thing for customers and for Barclays.
- Experience of influencing, persuading and negotiating with colleagues up and down levels of the organisation and across Functions is critical to be successful in this role.
- Experience of coordination of important governance forums, including stakeholder communications .
- A self-motivated team player who is able to naturally assume ownership of initiatives, define, structure and prioritise work for self as well as others but who also has the flexibility and capability to change priorities when circumstances dictate.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.