Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
- Implementation of activities to support consistent client offerings across a broad set of products, their operations, supporting processes and systems
- Providing clear and appropriate communications to clients, colleagues and stakeholders on activities
- Supporting Barclays Values across the portfolio
- Implementing change to product and process to the benefit of Clients, Colleagues and Shareholders
- The role will require the individual to be responsible for the day-to-day operational control of remediation cases across multiple inter-related population sub-sets within multiple Remediation projects and will require thorough analysis in order to make complex judgements and decisions
- The role holder will process populations through sophisticated work flows and will co-ordinate and manage the downstream operational processes ensuring the appropriate customer communication and payment has been executed
- Understand the appropriate control frameworks, structures and processes within the fabric of a shared service and ensure these are fully adhered to. Ensure that mitigating and performance improvement actions are in place where necessary and are clearly understood
- Provide solutions which will allow for the continual improvement of processes, work-flow practices and, where necessary, provide clear recommendations and reasoning
Person specification/Essential Skills:
- Comprehensive problem solving skills and proven ability to apply creative and innovative thinking. Able and willing to challenge the status quo and drive improvements where benefits have been identified
- Analysis and mapping of activities to enable analysis, delivery of requirements and solutions
- Familiar and comfortable with working within a controls framework as well as understanding the importance of controls
- Remediation Experience required
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Barclays Systems, Products and processes
- Understanding of data analytical programming language/software i.e. SQL, Teradata, Qlikview
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.