Recovery and Resolution Planning Analyst
Recovery and Resolution Planning Analyst
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role
Lead key areas and workstreams relating to BE Recovery and Resolution Planning to meet regulatory requirements and ensure Barclays Europe is able to recover from a severe stress or if unable to do so, be resolved in an orderly way without impacting broader financial stability.
The RRP Analyst will have significant interaction and exposure to senior Directors and MD’s across businesses and functions across the Barclays Group.
- Lead distinct workstreams as part of the RRP team to compile and analyse firm information and financial data for regulatory projects and deliverables including workstreams relating to BE Resolvability, Recovery Plan and Resolution Pack submissions and broader contingency planning
- The primary focus will be on resolvability work for BE
- Synthesise and present outputs of projects/workstreams into concise executive summary materials for senior bank executives
- Liaise with Directors and MD’s across businesses and functions within BE to agree key workstream deliverables and timelines
- Provide SME input to businesses and functions on RRP related matters and inputs to RRP submissions
- Manage and organise the inflow of content from subject matter experts around the bank, from group functions and all major business units of the firm, ensuring the consistency, accuracy and timeliness of submissions
- Compile key documents for submission to the regulator
- Lead and support key workstreams in the development of resolution playbooks, contingency plans which detail BE’s response on Day 0 to a Resolution event
- Support work on RRP testing and exercising – a series of exercises which range from strategic to tactical and simulate aspects of a financial stress in order to test and improve Barclays’ recovery and resolution planning
- Analyse information received to develop solutions to key aspects of the resolution playbook and other regulatory requirements where information may not be readily available
- Support the development of solutions to remediate impediments to Recovery and Resolution and monitoring of impediments and remediation activity
- Prepare or support the delivery of regulatory resolution reporting requirements, including population and data sourcing for relevant reports in support of BAU Finance teams
- Lead key workstreams to embed RRP into BAU
- Manage relationships between the programme team and central functions and business units to ensure that stakeholders are aligned to the aims, needs and deliverables of RRP requirements
- Manage senior stakeholder engagement and report key issues, concepts and activities to stakeholders
- Present updates on key workstreams to senior stakeholders incl. RRP Steering Committee comprising MD’s representing businesses and functions across Barclays Europe.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Credible with internal and external stakeholders to senior management level
- High integrity – able to deal with highly confidential and market sensitive information
- Politically astute and able to understand the dynamics of large, complex organisations
- Strong numeric skills
- Strong systems capabilities including ability to quickly understand financial systems
- Strong time management, planning and organisation abilities
- Good awareness of RRP requirements
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong project management skills either through recognised qualification or on-the-job experience
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.