QA Analyst Population AVP
About Barclays UK Transformation
Our customers don’t separate Barclays into branches, contact centres, digital channels. They just see one Barclays. So why should we be any different? We have to be one Barclays. That means seeing the bigger picture, not just the channel or area we work in.
About Barclays Remediation Portfolio
RCS is a Specialist change team within Transformation operating across Barclay's UK. We are the Centre of Excellence for remediation projects – compensating customers for mistakes we have made in the past. This means we need to take a very customer centric approach and ensure that all learning from previous errors are fed back into our Product and Business teams. Part of the QA team will perform complex data analytics to provide assurance over the in-scope population defined by project teams. In addition, they will provide quantative analysis, clear communication to key stakeholders and perform ad-hoc performance reviews.
Overall purpose of role
The role requires hands on experience of using SQL to interrogate and analyse data, together with the business analysis skills to translate a business problem to a technical solution. They will have used a range of approaches to constructively challenge and positively influence key stakeholders to obtain their buy-in to a proposed solution. Experience of working with Teradata would also be advantageous.
- Delivering the population quality assurance work for the most complex projects in the remediation portfolio. This involves:
- independently analysing project artefacts and assessing the appropriateness of the data sources used as the basis for deriving an in-scope client population
- validating the appropriateness and application of the filters applied to the source data to derive the in-scope client population, with reference to key project artefacts
- constructively challenging, where required, the projects assumptions and approach to the derivation of their population and provide proactive recommendations for improvement
There will be an occasional need to manage relationships outside of the portfolio with areas of the business such as Risk, Internal Audit and External Audit.
Strong interpersonal skills are required as the right candidate will need to constructively challenge and influence a broad range of stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Good time management/works estimation
- Ability to handle change in a dynamic environment
- Detail orientated
- Ability to work alone and solve complex problems, overcome issues using own initiative whilst keeping management updated
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.