Location: London - remote
Length of contract: 6 months
We are looking for a PMO Analyst on a contract basis who will work in the transformation office of a large Global Group wide Culture Programme. The role is key to ensure that the programme is run under proper governance and that overall delivery is on time, to budget and at the right quality. The PMO Analyst will report into the PMO Lead and work with multiple stakeholders across the programme and across the bank more broadly.
· Create and maintain plans and work with stakeholders to actively manage day to day activities and support the PMO lead
· Ensures that stakeholder mapping & stakeholder plan is comprehensive and considers internal and external stakeholders
· Assist with RAID management, ensure items are identified and addressed promptly and if necessary escalated on a timely basis
· Take and manage actions and minutes at Programme level governance meetings
· Support Programme level budget maintenance and working with the Finance business partner to ensure accurate reporting and quality forecasting
· AVP level demonstrable PMO experience, working on business driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact in Financial Services
· Experience on large scale transformation programmes
· Able to work with and present to senior stakeholders
· Strong background working in front to back projects, sitting in the lines between technical teams and business level
· Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.