Modeller - VP
Modeller - VP
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-5 PM
Acting as part of the Modelling work stream for Remediation Projects, the individual will be responsible for providing modelling activities in relation to the calculation of redress and compensation due to clients as determined during the review of various loan related products
- Creation of Redress calculation policies and seen as a subject matter expert in their application
- Creation of models to calculate redress using Pricing tools from Standard Bank Applications Library and VBA based programs
- Ensure the accurate implementation of Redress policy for the Base Rate & Libor loan portfolio and various products under remediation portfolio
- Drive the wider modelling team to achieve stretching targets for the Remediation Programme
- A self-starter, capable of working with multiple groups within the organisation as well as working independently using initiative, drive and determination with a high attention to detail: A strong problem solver with the discipline to meet project deadlines under pressure and to communicate progress, risks/issues in a clear, transparent manner.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Expert technical knowledge of debt products within the Bank over several different lending platforms
- Strong ability to analyse historic performance and create perfect future profiles
- Expert understanding of operation processes over several different loan products
- Subject matter expertise in modelling, particularly in the creation of new models and their practical application
- Financial services experience with preferably a background in investment banking and a broad understanding of various loan products (including annuity loans) and structured loans.
- Ability to create policy and challenge existing policy/processes. Provide recommendations when there are multiple approaches involved and have ability to document observations
- Good communicator and collaborator with the ability to engage and challenge at all levels with credibility
- High level of analytical and numeracy skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Using Microsoft applications especially Excel, Word, etc
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Detail oriented with good time management and works estimation skills
- Ability to handle change in a dynamic fast moving environment with a positive attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Detail orientated
- Knowledge and experience of loan products operations and pricing
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.