Junior Business Analyst
Junior Business Analyst
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-5 PM
About the role:
Support on the control and classification of remediation cases across multiple inter-related programmes of work and their populations. Providing support to enable the definition, implementation, management and delivery of appropriate outputs, processes and volumes downstream to respective portfolio or programme teams to execute
This role will support the delivery of key activities, business analysis activities within the team as an integral part of a programme of work. The analysis involves a diverse range of internal and external sources such as procedures and practices across the bank.
What will you be doing?
- Support the establishment, mobilisation and management of a function serving multiple programmes in the remediation portfolio to deliver clearly categorised/validated client cases
- Reporting to a Senior BA or Programme Manager to work through ‘complex’ issues to define a pragmatic route forward by defining the standards and specifications around which others will operate and ensure that essential procedures are followed: Then identifying potential exceptions to overarching policies to categorise and identify cases requiring special handling (bespoke processes) where multiple impacts have been identified and/or pricing policy warrants a standalone/discrete approach
- Interpreting scoping and analysis into practical approaches for execution. Collaborating with interdependent programmes to define scope, manage complexity, leverage data sets and implement processes to enable the function to deliver results. Understanding both strategic and tactical needs and their implications: Including process analysis and definition e.g. - mapping “As-Is” and “To-Be” processes
- Lead on the management of core data, helping enrich this with intelligence through the categorisation process, using evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information to enable remediation of cases efficiently. Collaboration and partnership with programme teams and functional business teams as required, to define and enable available intelligence and inputs into structured methods and processes to enable classification of cases. e.g. Legal, Compliance, Product, Technology and Modelling Teams
- Act as an implementation subject matter expert for handling workflow, queries, data control and budgetary requirements throughout the entire project lifecycle and support the Programme Director in the preparation of material for Steer Co’s and in the collation of information for key management meetings
- Own the build of appropriate controls to facilitate accurate, auditable and effective delivery of throughput for downstream treatment and processing
- Support the design and management of plans and resources to deliver agreed portfolio goals, identifying and managing assumptions, dependencies, risks and issues
What we’re looking for:
- Financial services background (mortgage knowledge would be desirable and retail lending)
- Delivery experience
- Understanding of and ability to articulate, design and implement process and workflow
- Analysis and mapping of activities to enable analysis, delivery of requirements and solutions
- Good presentation and reporting skills
- Familiar with Project Management methods, disciplines and project lifecycles
- Qualified at Degree level
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Working knowledge from experience of Credit based products and how they are managed
- Consolidating inputs from disparate sources into outcomes
- Knowledge of Barclays Systems, Products and processes
- Comprehensive knowledge and use of SQL, Access, SAS languages
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.