Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
Northampton (initially working from home)
Length: 6 months (maternity cover)
Barclays Bank is looking for a Finance Business Partner to join the Business Execution (BX) Finance Services team on a contract basis to help drive the optimisation of Barclays and deliver value to our shareholders.
You will analyse, challenge and communicate performance; ensuring targets are met, remain on track and enable performance issues to be aired, escalated and resolved at the earliest opportunity. This will include responsibilities across performance reporting, financial forecasts, and account oversight and influence the performance and direction of BX.
What will you be doing?
- Timely, focused and insightful management Information and production of monthly management accounts for the BX area
- Providing performance commentaries and driving improvements in the integrity and quality of both financial and non-financial management reporting
- Managing the cost forecasts across the areas and keeping close track of risks and opportunities, enabling monthly, accurate updates to senior management
- Supporting the Medium Term Plan (MTP) and budget process that sets targets and action plans for BX
- Providing financial modelling support for planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Acting as a key contributor to the identification, opportunity creation and evaluation of the broader strategic process and strategic questions
- Ensuring financial controls are applied consistently across areas
- Maintaining adherence to group policies and rules including cost centre management, attestations, company expenditure and purchasing to an auditable standard
- Supporting and challenging stakeholders and driving the monthly business performance management process
- Driving business performance through high quality analysis, generation and communication of actionable insight and constructive challenge
- Aiding the business in understanding key value drivers and what performance levers are available
- Engaging with relevant finance colleagues to ensure the impact of all projects are included in operational financial plans and reports
What we’re looking for:
- A strong commercial attitude with a deep interest in the drivers of performance within business and a passion for improvement
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- A flexible approach to work, including a preparedness to overcome obstacles and complete activities to high standards
- The confidence, maturity and stature to deal effectively with senior colleagues in all parts of the business
- Broad based business experience through roles where financial tools are harnessed to understand and drive business performance
- Good general knowledge of financial services
Where will you be working?
Northampton (working from home initially)
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.