External Financial Reporting
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
As an AVP in the Consolidation & External Reporting team, you will own and be fully responsible for a number of external reporting disclosures including their preparation, challenge and review. This involves establishing yourself as an SME for a particular area and managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships. The role will also involve supporting group led projects such as Finance transformation initiatives. The role will also support Regulatory reporting requirements such as FINREP.
- Review and challenge of assigned disclosures to support the reporting process for quarterly results announcements and annual reports .
- Support Finance Transformation initiatives and new IFRS and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Review and challenge over the financial reporting processes and numbers to ensure high levels of control are maintained at all times.
- Financial control responsibilities for consolidation adjustment entities and parent company accounts.
- Working with external auditors to support the year end and quarterly reporting processes and ensure timely resolution of queries.
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- Post qualification experience in financial services
- Strong Microsoft Office skills i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, able to work with and present to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate with others and build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Experience of having worked in a reporting role either in Group or in a sub-business such as the Investment Bank or Barclaycard
- Familiarity with SAP, Oracle Hyperion BCE, Alteryx, Flex, Alteryx
- Experience in a month-end or quarter-end focused reporting role, either from financial control or product control
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.