Customer Service Support Associate
Customer Service Support Associate
Length: 6 Months
About Client and Customer Experience
A banking revolution is happening, and it’s happening right here at Barclays. The Client and Customer Experience (C&CE) team comprises of 6,000 colleagues across over 20 locations globally who work collaboratively to challenge banking in the UK and become the bank of choice for our customers and clients. We are passionate about embracing technology and by becoming a Smarter Human Bank we aim to protect the Barclays of today, create the Barclays of tomorrow and inspire the Barclays of the future. To do this we will build a sustainable culture across Barclays that is #customerobsessed, data led and integrates technology into everything that we do.
About Team Advocacy
Team Advocacy is a passionate team of problem solvers who are collectively empowered to achieve the right outcome in the right way for our customers, creating advocates of Barclays. We are a strong team of 4000 customer obsessed experts who work with a smart technology to focus on exceeding expectations and turning customers into loyal fans.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Overall purpose of role
To take ownership of exceptional customer service and strengthen customer relationships by supporting the investigation of complex and emotive customer queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products to deliver great customer outcomes, working proactively and collaboratively with other colleagues across the Barclays group.
· Emotionally connect with customers / clients to engage in their story and by being passionate about what customers / clients are passionate about, create moments that matter and are memorable
· Interact with customers / clients on their terms, in an engaging way that demonstrates open-mindedness, actively listening and being genuinely curious, flexing your style to reflect customer preferences
· Support colleagues in ensuring complaints are fully prepared for investigation in line with Financial Conduct Authority requirements and Financial Ombudsman Service guidelines. Utilise all resources to assess and evaluate situations at pace.
· Support tasks may include;
o generating letters and gathering information on complaints for colleagues,
o logging complaints onto complaint handling systems accurately and within regulatory timescales,
o Ensuring incoming mail and workflow across the department is managed effectively and that complaints are directed to the correct department for resolution.
o Issuing accurate redress to customers and collating advisor histories to comply with key regulations.
o Providing updates to customers on the progress of their complaint.
· Bring your whole self to work, using your personality to provide a positive noticeable experience, recognising the personal impact you have on the way customers / clients feel
· Demonstrate a strong level of competence in our digital products, enabling you to proactively educate customers / clients to have confidence in consistently using alternative channels of their choice, at times to suit them
· Proactively prepare for each contact, demonstrating all of the desired behaviours
· Confidently challenge what is not right and influence what is, identifying opportunities for improvement using all available feedback loops
· Embrace and support the implementation of improvements and change into the team
· Collaborate effectively with colleagues, contributing to discussions and sharing best practice to generate team spirit
· Take an active interest in the local community and get involved in activities that support Barclays contribution to the wider community needs and citizenship agenda
· Interact with other areas of Advocacy to discuss any queries we have about progression of department complaints. Liaise with third party providers to ensure the timely return of relevant documents relating to a complaint. Be the point of contact to answer queries from other stakeholders’ to assist complaint resolution
· Undertake proactive diary management to ensure that complaint cases are progressed for full review or resolution according to regulatory timescales. Ensure all blockers are removed to prevent unnecessary delays, tackling complaints in priority order to achieve individual and team targets.
Risk and Control Objective
· Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Strong planning and organisational skills
Strong attention to detail
Good analytical skills
Ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously and deliver within tight timescales
Ability to work individually
Able to build effective relationships and work collaboratively with others
Strong team player, and able to support a culture of individuality, fun and the sharing and embedding of best practice.
Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Role Profile Attestation
The content of this role profile is relevant for the role in question.