Communications & Engagement Manager
Location: Glasgow - Hybrid working (if the right candidate is based in London they would consider)
Office Days: Hybrid 2 days in the office (Tuesday/Wednesday) 3 days WFH
Working Days/hours: Monday - Friday - 9am -5pm
Contract length: 6 months
You will be informing and working closely with the stakeholder and senior management, HR and updating them on communications. You will need to have programme experience, and strategic planners and stakeholder management.
This AVP level role will focus more on the HR comms than senior management.
Overall purpose of role
This role will be working as part of a large and complex global HR Transformation programme. As well as developing high-profile communications and messaging for the programme team, you will produce communication materials to raise and build awareness, understanding, commitment, and long-term adoption of the changes being delivered to both HR and non-HR audiences. This will include supporting the set-up, execution and evaluation of stakeholder engagement activities to relevant audiences.
• Execute the programme communications strategy and plan, developing high-quality and engaging communications campaigns and content for a variety of internal channels, including email, presentations, intranet, newsletters, MS Teams, FAQs etc
• Support with the planning and organisation of events that showcase the programme to HR and non-HR colleagues
• Provide communications leadership on key programme team communications e.g. Programme Lead’s fortnightly newsletter, monthly all-hands call
• Advise stakeholders (e.g. Change Network, Programme Workstream Leads) on most effective communications channels and methods, and empower them to deliver engaging two-way communications in their teams by providing support and resources
• Manage and maintain strong stakeholder relationships independently, building a broad internal network covering the programme team, the HR function, key communications colleagues, and the wider organisation
• Guide and quality-check communications and engagement work produced by other colleagues in the programme team and third-party suppliers (e.g. communications agency) as required
• Track and evaluate engagement/impact of communication and engagement outputs to drive continuous improvement and inform regular team reporting
• Support the Communications and Engagement team and the broader programme team with other programme work as required
• Demonstrable internal communications experience at manager level (minimum) in a complex, globally-minded organisation
• Proven experience or strong interest in change and/or transformation communications and management
• An excellent and persuasive communicator, including strong written skills, confident presentation skills and the ability to generate curiosity, acceptance, action and ownership from impacted audience groups through targeted communications activity
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and deliver a varied and complex workload with competing deadlines
• A self-starter with high levels of personal self-motivation, a flexible approach to work, a receptive approach to change, and an awareness of their support needs
• Outstanding interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues of all levels and external partners
• Speed of execution - the ability to act decisively, use sound judgment and develop communications with pace while maintaining a focus on delivering high-quality, accurate work
• Strong team working skills, demonstrating responsibility and accountability for your contributions to the programme
• Consultative approach to communications – applies critical thinking, asks questions and applies learnings to tailor communication solutions
About HR Optimisation
Barclays HR purpose is making Barclays a great place to work.
HR Optimisation contributes to this by enabling the HR function to become simple, efficient and insightful. This is realised through the delivery of an exceptional transformation experience across the portfolio of strategic initiatives.
This role will require strong collaboration with leaders and colleagues from HR and the broader business, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.