Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
To engineer and develop components and applications that make up the GTIS Public Cloud offering. These include traditional web applications hosted on premise, infrastructure as code solutions and serverless based applications hosted within AWS accounts.
- Implement solutions across Barclays’ Public cloud offerings related to core platform and application hosting.
- Work with a team of engineers to deliver and maintain platform and products for the Public Cloud programme.
- Implement architectures that enable Barclays to adopt cloud technologies in a fast, secure, yet low-cost manner.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the GTIS strategy and architecture vision.
- Collaborate with Technical Architects within and outside of GTIS to drive their strategy and understand how their strategy should influence GTIS to ensure compatibility.
- Consider the operational aspect of strategies and architecture – collaborate with operational colleagues in ensuring that new architectures are easy to adopt and migrate to.
- Derive the next level of technical detail to enable delivery of the public cloud strategy.
- Create technical documentation in a clear way to achieve affective communication of the solutions and strategy.
- Suggesting new ways forward and coming up with new ideas for how to achieve our aims. For example, automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments and consider how they could apply to or influence our strategy.
- SQL (Postgres DB)
- Experience with Agile methodologies, version control (GIT), RDBMs, Restful APIs
- Experience with automated testing approaches e.g. BDD, Unit, TDD and practical understanding of CI/CD processes, concepts and benefits.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience including Cloud Formation, ECS & Cloudwatch.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.