Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-6 PM
This is a multi-faceted role, within the Barclays Remediation Portfolio, supporting the delivery and execution of remediation projects. The role requires the candidate use sophisticated data analytical methods to analyse and define populations of outcomes and then manage the end-to-end execution process. This role involves liaising
with multiple shared services, on a daily basis, to ensure the timely delivery of an appropriate output, in accordance with each of the programme deadlines.
This role will support the delivery of key activities and business analysis activities as part of a shared service function. The role will require the candidate to understand, consider and exercise a diverse range of internal and
external policies, procedures and practices, within the Remediation Portfolio and across the bank.
The programme activities are broad, but can generally be summarised as follows:
• Implementation of activities to support consistent client offerings across a broad set of products, their operations, supporting processes and systems
• Providing clear and appropriate communications to clients, colleagues and stakeholders on activities
• Supporting Barclays Values across the portfolio
• Implementing change to product and process to the benefit of Clients, Colleagues and Shareholders
The programme has a strong emphasis on client communication that involves both direct and indirect interactions with customers & clients either directly or in collaboration with the relationship teams
Owing to the diverse nature of products that Barclays offer and client needs the programme is relatively
complex and relationship across activities are high.
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with the project teams, take responsibility for managing the end to end delivery of the processing of complex remediation populations
- The role will require the candidate to understand the remediation operational principles and designs, thus ensuring the correct treatment of each complex cohort is maintained
- The role will require the individual to be responsible for the day-to-day operational control of remediation cases across multiple inter-related population sub-sets within multiple Remediation projects and will require thorough analysis in order to make complex judgements and decisions
- Undertake diagnostic activities to assess business requirements e.g. interviews, data collection and interpretation, etc
- Contribute to the development and documentation of project operating models, business requirements, operational designs, etc., as specified by the Remediation Portfolio
- The product offering underlying the Remediation projects covers a diverse range from international payments, current accounts, loan accounts, derivatives, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- Financial services background is advantageous
- Comprehensive knowledge of workflow tooling and designs
- Experience of analysis and mapping of activities to enable analysis, delivery of requirements and solutions
- Advanced Excel Skills, proven ability to analyse, interpret and present data
- Basic SQL skills (Teradata) with willingness to develop SQL skills further
- Proven ability to deliver project based work
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience of managing VP level stakeholders
- Delivery focus mind-set with experience of working within change environment
- An Economics or maths based degree is preferred
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.