Length: 6 months (initially).
Location: Northampton / Manchester
We are looking for a Business Analyst on a contract basis who will co-ordinate, plan and perform analysis tasks for one or more components of a programme and/or transaction cycle business process and/or specialist applications. You will act as a BA for analysis output, ensuring accurate and timely reporting and appropriate decisions are delivered for user requirements.
· Coordinate relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the design, management and implementation of business or technology change
· Ensure solutions are designed in the right way in-line with business and technology strategy
· Provide support to the PM’s, helping to articulate and present effective requirement proposals within a project
· Work in-line with overall Barclays strategy across delivery and operations change
· Identify, quantify, plan and control business design and analysis related activity on change projects
· Proven experience of managing change in complex environments and flexibility in decision making to produce the outcomes or benefits desired
· Experience of working within a financial institution, at least 5years
· Strong communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills (Able to work with and present to senior stakeholders)
· Strong background working in front to back projects, sitting in the lines between technical teams and business level
· Experience target operating models/ processes/ procedures
Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.