Asset and Liability Management Hedging AVP
Length of contract: 6 months initially
Location: London (2-3 days at the office)
The Asset & Liability Management (ALM) function within Barclays is responsible for managing the interest rate risk arising from the customer banking books (IRRBB). We are looking for a ALM Hedging AVP on a contract basis who will be ensuring that Interest Rate Risk (IRR) across Barclays is well managed with correct standards and procedures in place. This role will have a wide focus across ALM, including executing hedging strategies, data analytics and relevant MI, as well as improving the control environment under which ALM manages IRRBB.
- Responsible for the execution of key hedging processes e.g. recruitment risk product hedging, Month end product hedging, BUK Mortgages Front book hedging, monthly structural hedging
- Support rates communication/trades pricing to the business
- Actively develop and improve processes and models to drive efficiencies across the group including managing any required model validation
- Prepare hedge forum packs and monthly Hedging MI production
- Working closely with the businesses to understand their analytical requirements and design and build management information (‘MI’) solutions to address their needs
- Set the hedge strategy for the Group for fixed rate maturity dated products and agree these strategies with stakeholders across ALM/Risk and the business
- Previous customer banking book ALM/IRRBB experience
- Strong understanding of a bank’s balance sheet and sources of interest rate risk
- Numeric ability and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs etc.)
- Able to make quick decisions on complex problems in time pressured situations with at times incomplete information, i.e. deal with ambiguity
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.