Location: Northampton (Remote)
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
Pivot is a large HR transformation programme. In this role you will be integral to the success of the Pivot Transformation test strategy across the technical, functional and non-functional landscape. You will actively engage with and build a highly productive and trusted working relationship with stakeholders and with members of the programme.
- Responsible for the test strategy and plan to effectively and successfully lead the testing approach, which includes the test entry and exit criteria
- Creation of test scenarios and other testing artefacts based on approved design documents. Alignment review with process owners, functional/testing leads and the business. Define data requirements for each test scenario.
- Collaborate closely and align with both functional and technical design and data teams through each test phase.
- Participation in the setup and maintenance of the testing platform
- Test execution of both manual and automated test types for multiple test phases throughout the programme.
- Management all test defects through to resolution for each test base. Test change requests where needed.
- Accountable for scheduling and running of the daily triage meetings during test phase execution.
- Accountable for setting up and facilitating test entry and exit review milestone meetings
- Create and complete necessary test documentation required including but not limited to test strategies, test approaches, test scenarios, test case specifications, exploratory testing charters, test logs and defects reports, RAID, status reports, project plans etc.
- Set up and drive functional testing to ensure technology meets business requirements.
- Set up and drive security, penetration, performance, operational resilience and tests to meet non-functional requirements
- Ensure that all testing results are easily accessible, understandable, and preserved for evidential purposes.
- Ensure that the projects following the testing standards, test coverage, guidelines and methodology as specified in the testing approach/strategy.
- Review test results to ensure they meet the entry and exit criteria of the testing strategy.
- Ensure testing phase is delivered on time and on-budget
- Ensure testing phase is properly planned and staffed
Work with the project managers to identify/resolve all testing issues that could impact project scope and/or time frames
- Test professional with excellent end to end integrated testing experience gathered working on a least two full large scale transformation programmes that covered technology implementations such as Workday, ServiceNow, MS Teams
- Excellent knowledge of project transformation testing, with experience of writing both functional and technical test scenarios for multiple testing phases i.e. Functional, System Integration test (including Payroll), User Acceptance Testing.
- Strong skills in developing and communicating comprehensive test plans and test approach for data quality and data completeness in partnership with functional, technical, data and 3rd party peers.
- Experience of successfully delivering testing as part of a technology-enabled transformation programme
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.