Temp Programme Manager
Location: London, Hybrid (1-2 days per week in the office)
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of the role:
Responsible for the overall leadership and delivery of large projects / programmes requiring significant effort in business and technology processes and systems resulting in transformational change. Overall accountability and end-to-end delivery management for a set of related initiatives as defined by our business and portfolio framework
- Accountable for project delivery activities aligning to the business case, scope, schedule and cost constraints inherent within the change environment at the programme / large project level and how they intersect with key enablers required for successful delivery (integration management, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, HR management, communications management, risk management and procurement management).
- Accountable for programme planning, including the progressive elaboration of scope into detailed work packages underpinning a critical path at the programme and large project level.
- The creation, management, and execution of a risk management framework including risk trigger/identification, risk assessment, risk control, and risk mitigation.
- The creation and execution of a programme / large project control framework encompassing resource management, financial control management and governance/compliance management.
- Accountability for the delivery of an end-to-end business and technology solution supported by the supply chain (internal and external) across multiple processes, systems and infrastructure.
- Be a key influencer in ensuring projects leverage the Citizenship Lens to 'do the right thing' for customers and, wherever appropriate, support the corporate ethos of being a force for good in the community.
- Leads direct reports (Senior Project Managers) deputising for the Programme Director as required.
- Acts as a role model in terms of behaviour and commitment to collaboration across the change delivery organisation.
- Project Management/Business Change experience in cross functional teams
- Successful people leadership at a senior level within a large organisation
- Confident and strong ability to influence key Stakeholders through presenting and interpreting data
- Industry expertise in Change Management to add value to business requirements through expert advice and support
- Stakeholder Management
- MS Office Skills
- Project Management experience
- Able to work virtually as part of a team
- Approachable, adaptable and able to self manage
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.