Length: 6 months
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8 AM-6 PM
Support and lead your teams to enable them to help our Small Business customers to grow by ensuring we support them with the right lending solution tailored to their needs. Therefore, sustainably growing our active customer base and debt book to deliver value for Barclays and our customers e.g. through accreditations, observations, 121s, great development and career conversations, and facilitation of mentoring opportunities.
What will you be doing?
- Coach and develop team members in taking an active interest in the customer’s business, identifying their needs and providing solutions to enabling their business to grow.
- Be passionate about exceptional customer services and help your team to achieve and continually improve on this to deliver great customer outcomes.
- Committed to improving the customer experience through operational excellence by acting as an escalation point for requests and queries. Understand and advocate the variety of customer contact approaches that we have to ensure our customers are being supported in the right way for their business, and that our colleagues are maximizing their skills and expertise to attain great customer outcomes.
- Through business planning, support their team to develop a future thinking approach in helping our customers to be more successful in local markets, maximising market/industry growth whilst protecting their business
- Coach and develop team members in understanding, exploring and meeting customer needs in a compliant manner, demonstrating Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles at all times.
- Engage, inspire and support own and the team’s performance by creating clarity, commitment and a positive working environment.
- Act on people engagement feedback through Employment Opinion Surveys, Employee Forums and other sources.
- Act as a point of escalation for complex customer issues and complaints to support their team and reach an agreeable solution for customers
- Manage local cost centre ensuring costs and budgets are maintained and monitored effectively
- Undertake all necessary compliance tests to maintain ones compliance passport and adhere to all government audits.
- Be aware of direct competitor activity, products and servicing channels.
- Be accountable for self-development.
- Play a part and encourage others in the team to drive Barclays’ objective of becoming a force for good society.
What we’re looking for:
- Customer service experience and the ability to communicate with a wide range of customers
- Experience with managerial/leadership skills in a contact style environment.
- Financial services background is advantageous
- Experience of reviewing a customer’s business using a variety of processes/tools like SWOT and LEPEST analysis and good understanding of credit risk process
- Communication skills (written/verbal)
- Knowledge of relevant technology e.g. IT skills
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.