Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
About BUK Change Delivery
The team is responsible for the Execution of change. We are a high performing Centre of Excellence for PMs, BAs and UAT colleagues through the Delivery Practice, Boot Camps and Delivery by Deliverers interventions, providing a career path and platform for project professionals, including industry best qualifications.
Overall purpose of the role
Responsible for the overall leadership and delivery of projects requiring significant effort in business and technology processes and systems resulting in transformational change. Overall accountability and end-to-end delivery management for a set of related initiatives as defined by our business and portfolio framework
- Accountable for project delivery activities aligning to the business case, scope, schedule and cost constraints inherent within the change environment at the project level and how they intersect with key enablers required for successful delivery
- Accountable for programme planning, including the progressive elaboration of scope into detailed work packages underpinning a critical path at the project level
- The creation, management, and execution of a risk management framework including risk trigger/identification, risk assessment, risk control, and risk mitigation.
- Accountability for the delivery of an end-to-end business and technology solution supported by the supply chain (internal and external) across multiple processes, systems and infrastructure.
- Project Management/Business Change experience in cross functional teams
- Successful stakeholder and supplier management – internal and external
- Evidence of successful people leadership at a mid-management level within a large organisation in a cross matrixed environment
- Prince 2/ APMP qualification
- Graduate calibre with some commercial management experience across a number of business disciplines
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.