Senior Financial Crime Analytics & Insights Manager
Location: Northampton / London
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The BUK Personal Customer Financial Crime Centre of Excellence is a key enabler in Barclays drive to be industry-leading in the fight against Financial Crime. This role is crucial in developing and delivering the risk and data analytics strategy to achieve that goal as well as a key role in the Business Unit’s overall Control Agenda.
The core purpose of the role is to ensure that the BUK Personal Customer Financial Crime Centre of Excellence has a data and analytics framework in place, which provides the ability to prevent, detect and act upon Financial Crime Risk red flags, supporting this requirement across all Financial Crime Risks and work streams.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of all Financial Crime risk and control dashboards, tableaus and reports, ensuring that the Business and its key stakeholders have full clarity of the data and analytics landscape and priority exposures.
- Package ideas and communicate analytical results in a logical, understandable and compelling way for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Acting as point-person for BUK Customer Financial Crime, lead the design, operation and analysis of data linked to the full set of Fin Crime risks, including cash and on-boarding.
Develop and lead the formal governance of all data controls and reports .
- Lead the holistic ongoing assessment of Financial Crime data and control reports both directly and through others, applying the highest levels of challenge and collation of evidence to establish that controls are effectively identifying and assisting in the mitigation of priority exposures.
- Develop and own a data control development plan (feeding into the wider BUK Customer Fin Crime strategy) – ensuring that target ownership is defined and, where applicable, that required change is costed and budget requirements / budget owners are established.
- Leadership and support of ongoing Financial Crime Risk & Control data activity – Including leading and maintaining partnerships with other data teams, including Financial Crime Surveillance Analytics, Fraud Analytics and wider BUK data and Analytics teams.
- Lead or support (as applicable) financial crime related Internal Audit or Compliance Assurance reviews, regulatory responses or external reporting requirements, which are linked to data and/or analytics.
- As applicable, represent BUK Customer Financial Crime on relevant industry working groups or bodies.
- Deputise for Director/Fin Crime AE at relevant fora when needed.
- Take an active role in enhancing the culture and growth of the team (both in Financial Crime and across the wider BUK Customer team) through leading or sponsoring initiatives that enhance mind-set, wellness or diversity & inclusion
As a line manager, ensure your direct report has in place all necessary support required for growth and development against the Barclays mind-set.
- Act as Financial Crime Champion aligned to a key area of the wider business – being a go-to first point of contact and supporting in their development and understanding of financial crime risk.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experience of producing and analysing big data – using coding, tables and access to information warehouses.
- Experience of interpreting complex data and using this to suggest solutions and control improvements.
- Experience of creating and managing data tableaus and other platforms to present data in a usable format.
- Ability to provide thought leadership - strong analytical skills with ability to interpret data, MI and business challenges and make recommendations and decisions.
- Experienced in dealing with multiple stakeholders in different business functions who have different objectives e.g. Internal Audit, Risk, Financial Crime, Compliance, Fraud, Legal.
- Exceptional planning and communication / presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Exceptional stakeholder management
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Coding ability – experience in any (preferably several) of: SQL, SAS, Python, R.
- Experience of working in a Financial Crime risk environment.
- Leadership experience, including leadership across virtual teams.
- Navigation and experience of working in BIW1 & BIW2.
- The ability to quickly understand a business objective, problem solving to create an analytical solution and partner communication
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.