Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
Length: 6 months with a possibility for an extension
Cards & Payments (‘C&P’) is part of Barclays International, it is a leading global consumer payments company and a pioneer in new forms of payment. The company helps consumers and businesses to make and take payments, and to access short-term credit and point-of-sale finance. C&P operates in the UK as a portfolio of businesses including merchant acquiring, commercial payments, corporate credit cards and point-of-sale finance.
We are the only business in the UK which can make and take payments, which allows us to offer a broader choice of payment solutions and products to our clients and customers, and we have 50 years of experience and expertise in developing payment solutions to meet the needs of any business, from credit cards to tailored payment acceptance solutions.
This role supports Barclays Payments which is comprised of Barclaycard Commercial Payments (BCP), a leading corporate cards and virtual card payments platform, and Barclaycard Payment Solutions (BPS), the UK’s second largest merchant acquirer with over 50 years of experience in payment processing.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Barclays Values & Diversity
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our website www.barclays.com
Overall purpose of role
In today’s complex business environment, an organisation’s adaptability, agility and ability to manage constant change through innovation can be key to success. Barclays payments achieve goals through projects that translate business needs into new products, services and profits. Readiness Managers & Business Analysts can make change happen more efficiently and effectively.
The Business Analyst primary objective is helping the broader business areas implement technology & non technology solutions in a cost effective way by determining the business requirements of projects or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators, Partners & Customers. This specific role will be responsible for the delivery of new capabilities to Barclaycard Commercial Payments (BCP) and Barclaycard Payment Solutions (BPS) including changes to new products and services aligned to Small Business strategy, Corporate Product development roadmaps and external regulation
- Lead the business requirements phase end to end – producing clear sets of requirements which enable the business to realise their required benefits
- Responsible for the delivery of pragmatic business and operational design solutions which maximise benefits while achieving the desired business outcomes
- Lead Business Analysis from inception to implementation and transition to BAU
- Endorsing system parameter changes where they impact customers, products and services
- Supporting the implementation of continuous improvement approaches, including Lean
- To ensure that internal controls are in place to safeguard the customer experience
- Supporting that delivery is done to time, cost and quality
- Ensuring that products and services comply with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Identify enhancements/developments and delivery of cost reductions
- Work closely with customers and colleagues to analyse the performance of the existing product set and identify and recommend new solutions to stakeholders
- Monitor change related service level agreements with suppliers
- Develop and implement new business change processes, systems, products and services
- To implement initiatives that deliver high Operational and Service Performance and that are reusable, adaptable and transferable.
- Pivot leadership role within the development and delivery of the STP and MTP
- Responsible for devising and developing approaches that are optimal in delivering high Operational Capability and that are reusable, adaptable and transferable.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Acting as the lead Business Analyst from project inception through to implementation and transition to BAU. This role will require a high degree of managerial skills on the basis activities run concurrently & often multiple projects at any one time.
- Providing direction, support & thought leadership to BA4 & AVP colleagues. Taking ownership for the end to end change control process, ensuring project governance is adhered to at all times.
- Will be required to manage others through matrix structure
- Work effectively with multiple 3rd party organisations
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to manage relationships and gain commitment from senior stakeholders.
- To pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas of development
- Ability to install confidence amongst information technology & end business users. Demonstrating a strong & sound knowledge in relation to business processes & associated technologies.
- Work alongside the Information Technology Analyst’s & the wider project team to understand the needs of each stakeholder throughout the change project, and decipher how these requirements can be fulfilled by the overall project team
- Communicating details like project requirements, change requests & test results are fundamental to the success of the overarching project/programme.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- In order to identify business process/solutions, a Business Analyst should be able to identify the information Technology applications being utilised, what new possible outcomes can be achieved through current platforms as well as what the latest technology offers.
- Create, access and design new business change processes, systems, products and services on business change projects
- Resolving product and operational service failures by identifying root causes and putting resolutions in place
- Identification of enhancements/ developments and delivery of cost reductions
- Create & Peer Review the to-be business process design to understand organisation/role impacts and create role descriptions for business process roles
- Resolution of day-to-day business design queries regarding the implementation of the new/enhanced product set.
- Lead business/User Acceptance testing & design. Ensuring business outcomes have been achieved to the required specification.
- End to end ownership of Business Requirements Traceability
- An ability to deal with ambiguity & change – a considerable amount of time from a Business Analyst perspectives is spent dealing with frequent & random changes in order to develop custom business solutions. Finding ways to quickly identify and resolve problems and move towards a projects successful completion is important in this role.
- In this role, an ability to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders and recommend a course of action is key to being successful.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Understand the appropriate Policies & Standards applicable to my role through reading the Code of Conduct and other training allocated to me. Where responsible for risks and controls ensure that these are appropriate and fit for purpose.
- Where applicable, all key risks identified, tracked, logged and managed as per the Risk Framework procedures
- Where applicable, all key controls to have identified owners, with audit trail of regular review and maintenance together with supporting records.
- Where applicable, all risk events (incidents) or control failures to be escalated, investigated, reported and fixed at root cause to prevent reoccurrence
- All mandatory training completed to deadline and understood within given timescales.
- Strong and proven track record in Business Analyst and Good knowledge of the payment card business and or the payment processing (acquiring) business
- Experienced in implementing new products and services
- Customer orientated – understands how our internal activities affect our customers
- Knowledge of our products and services, the minimum requirements for them and how they have been implemented on our technology platforms
- Experience of continuous improvement and problem solving techniques
- Ability to manage relationships and work effectively in a matrix
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator with colleagues and suppliers at all levels
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and value-add of Barclays Change Management Community.
- Influencing / networking – developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, skills and experience to influence others opinions and actions
- Flexibility in working hours – off-shore teams and deadline driven
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Extensive Business Analyst experience including knowledge of analyst tools and techniques encompassing influencing and negotiating skills to deliver through others
- Strong and proven track record in Business Analysis and good knowledge of the payment card business and or acquiring business with the ability to manage across multiple projects of differing size at any one time
- An ability to rapidly get to the root cause of a problem and identify actions to resolve
- Strong knowledge of Barclays Payments business processes & a proven track record of delivering change into BI & BX alike.
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to demonstrate strong negotiation & persuasion skills.
- Strong commercial and financial skills
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of Barclays project management framework, including knowledge of regulatory and governance standards
- Agile/Waterfall methodologies
- Experience of leading a team of business analyst’s from across IT & Business.
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is to create opportunities for people to rise- customers, clients, colleagues and society. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.