Senior Business Analyst (Risk Reporting)
Senior Risk Reporting Business Analyst
Contract Length: 5 months
We are looking for a Senior Risk Reporting Analyst to join the The Liquidity Risk Reporting (LRR) team. This role will hold responsibility for specific analysis, design and oversight elements of initiatives within the broader Strategic Liquidity Transformation program.
You will be “hands on” supporting transformation activities to ensure outcomes align with liquidity architecture strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Working with LRR (Liquidity Risk Reporting) report SMEs to understand and document current and target process and methodology requirements;
- Creating specific detailed user stories forming part of the overall end to end process;
- Contribute to designing future state reporting solutions;
- Prepare and execute UAT testing of new reporting architecture in conjunction with LRR report SMEs;
- Preparing topics for review with stakeholders;
- Assist with resourcing planning and project delivery tracking ensuring that LRR meets its key strategic liquidity program responsibilities
What we’re looking for:
- Financial services experience, within retail and/or investment banking
- Experience of working in a Finance or Treasury function, with knowledge of Liquidity process, system and technologies, ideally within Liquidity or Regulatory (e.g. COREP, Pillar 3) or Financial (e.g. FINREP, Annual Reports, BOE, GSIB);
- Experience of liquidity transformation and/or system implementation programs;
- Business analyst skills including data interrogation, process design, requirements documentation, user story creation and system UAT testing;
- Project change management skills including agile delivery methodologies, plan creation and tracking;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, preparing and presenting regularly to MD level;
- Excellent Microsoft skills including Excel and PowerPoint
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Additional data analytical skills including SQL, Hypercube, Business Objects, Qlikview and Qliksense;
- Experience of using SharePoint, Confluence, Jira or Agile Central;
- Process mapping using Microsoft Visio;
- Qualified Accountant or relevant Finance Academic or professional qualifications
Where will you be working?
Although the primary location would be Glasgow, the role is remote
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.