Barclays Bank is looking for Senior Agent to join their team on a contract basis to provide an exceptional customer experience. You will be helping customers to achieve their ambitions and meet their day to day banking needs. This is an amazing opportunity to pick-up new skills and help create moments that deeply matter to customers. One connection built, one problem solved, one relationship at a time.
Length of contract: 5 months initially
Location: Manchester (M1 3BN)
Hours and working pattern: 35 hours**
**Normal working pattern will fall between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with overtime opportunities. Hybrid role: working from home or in the office (office based: 2 days per week).
Training period: office based
- Empathetic – understand the customer journey and care about the individual customers’ needs
- Conscientious – understand the importance on complying with regulatory rules and striving for exceptional quality of service
- Flexible – have a flexible approach to your work and support peak customer demands
- Collaborative – work proactively with other areas across Barclays
Learning mind-set – always striving to gain knowledge and acquire new skills.
- Provide support and guidance in a customer facing role during difficult life events through a range of mediums e.g. written, verbal etc. prioritising the customer experience.
- Undertaking of exception tasks allocated by Line Manager across a wide number of operational services.
- Use Data to identify opportunities to enhance/improve the Customer Bereavement Journey.
- Support SME, Line Manager in the running of the service including supporting telephony tams in dealing with customers.
- Represent the team on complaint reduction initiatives.
- Deputise for Team Leader on Improvement programmes.
- Previous customer service experience is needed
- Excellent communication skills (both in written and oral)
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working within a specialist environment that is focused on supporting vulnerable customers is an advantage
- Experience and understanding of Fullserve and application linked to this utility is an advantage.
- Excellent questioning skills
- High levels of attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data is desirable.
- Data Savvy and ability to interrogate data.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.