Barclays Bank is looking for Customer Care Specialists to join their team on a contract basis to provide an exceptional customer experience. You will be helping customers to achieve their ambitions and meet their day to day banking needs.
This is an amazing opportunity to pick-up new skills and help create moments that deeply matter to customers. One connection built, one problem solved, one relationship at a time.
Length of contract: 5 months initially
Hours and working pattern: 35 hours**
**Normal working pattern will fall between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, with overtime opportunities. Hybrid role: working from home or in the office (maximum 2 days per week).
Training period: office based
- Empathetic – understand the customer journey and care about the individual customers’ needs
- Conscientious – understand the importance on complying with regulatory rules and striving for exceptional quality of service
- Flexible – have a flexible approach to your work and support peak customer demands
- Collaborative – work proactively with other areas across Barclays
Learning mind-set – always striving to gain knowledge and acquire new skills.
- Provide support and guidance in a customer facing role during difficult life events through a range of mediums e.g. written, verbal etc. prioritising the customer experience.
- Undertaking of exception tasks allocated by Line Manager across a wide number of operational services.
- Use Data to identify opportunities to enhance/improve the Customer Bereavement Journey.
- Support SME, Line Manager in the running of the service including supporting telephony tams in dealing with customers.
- Represent the team on complaint reduction initiatives.
- Deputise for Team Leader on Improvement programmes.
- Previous customer service experience is needed
- Excellent communication skills (both in written and oral)
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working within a specialist environment that is focused on supporting vulnerable customers is an advantage
- Experience and understanding of Fullserve and application linked to this utility is an advantage.
- Excellent questioning skills
- High levels of attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data is desirable.
- Data Savvy and ability to interrogate data.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.