Banking Customer Agent
Location: Remote, initially, and then Manchester City Centre
Contract Length: 6 months
You will have an exciting opportunity to join Barclays working with the formal title Senior Agent. This is a fantastic role for candidates who have some experience in some a process driven role, even if it is limited experience. It's a unique opportunity to gain amazing training and work in a complex role, giving you exposure to financial services (if you don't currently have the experience).
About Personal Banking Operations – Account Maintenance
Operations team delivering management of exceptions to business critical processes whilst maximising customer satisfaction and overall operational performance in line with scheme guidelines and regulatory deadlines.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Overall purpose of role
· Undertaking of exception tasks allocated by Line Manager across a wide number of operational services.
· Use Data to identify opportunities to enhance/improve the Customer Journey.
· Support SME, Line Manager in the running of the service.
· Represent the team on complaint reduction initiatives.
· Deputise for Team Leader on Improvement programmes.
· Undertake a range of customer and product related exception activities, in accordance with company policy, procedures and scheme rules / regulations to deliver excellent customer service and maintain compliance.
· Achieve and exceed individual and function performance targets.
· Undertake regular control duties to ensure effective, efficient and compliant operation of the team and the function.
· Examples of typical duties include completing customer requests that are unable to be fully automated, work with colleagues across teams to complete tasks in line with agreed timescales.
· Deal with customer requests, providing clear and well reasoned responses to enquiries in writing or by telephone, carrying out general administrative tasks.
· To become an expert in your field and proactively share knowledge.
· Be flexible and adaptable to changing demands and be willing and able to pick up new tasks when required.
· Adhere to policy / regulation where required.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· Proactively develop the necessary knowledge and skills needed to achieve successful delivery, provide accurate and appropriate support to customers and colleagues.
· Work with team colleagues to enable the delivery of consistently high standards of ‘seamless’ customer service and achievement of customer satisfaction targets.
· Take the initiative for meeting own goals and ambitions.
· Proactively provide advice, coaching and support to less experienced colleagues to embed practice and in support of their personal development objectives.
· Support agents to reach SME level of knowledge.
· Expected to support the Team Leader in delivering the function’s objectives.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
· Address and, where appropriate, escalate issues and problems to the Team Leader to achieve the best possible outcome for the customer and the business in line with Regulation, Barclays’ policy and best practice.
· Identify and escalate ideas for operational improvements to deliver an improved service for our customers and/or improve efficiency.
· Use own initiative to resolve exceptions, making decisions by gathering and interpreting relevant information, providing the best solution for both the customer and the Bank in a compliant manner.
· Feel Empowered to make effective and realistic decisions as necessary to benefit both the customer and the bank.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
· Empathetic – you understand the customer journey and care about the individual customers’ needs
· Conscientious – you understand the importance on complying with regulatory rules and striving for exceptional quality of service
· Inquisitive – Question processes and data. Understand how your work fits into customer expectations.
· Innovative – keep up to date with latest technology and new digital channels
· Flexible – Have a flexible approach to your work and support peak customer demands.
· Collaborative – work proactively with other areas across Barclays.
· Learning mind-set – always striving to gain knowledge and acquire new skills
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
· Mathematics and English Language GCSE minimum Grade C or equivalent.
· Highly numerate – able to use excel to sense check calculations.
· Good written communication skills – able to write well-structured letters utilising correct form, spelling and grammar.
· Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
· Excellent questioning skills
· Ability to analyse data is desirable.
· High levels of attention to detail
· Data Savvy and ability to interrogate data.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org