Remediation Analyst - Letter QA
Remediation Analyst - Letter QA
Location - London/Northampton/Glasgow
Duration - 6 months
PAYE Direct - Inside IR35
The Letters QA role will be required to have a comprehensive understanding of all quality assurance activities.
The individual will support the Head of Letters QA team. The Letters QA team has overall accountability for validating that the correct redress offer letters to be sent to customers are compliant with the applicable portfolio standards and policies as well as statutory and regulatory requirements. This includes the review of bespoke customer letters relating to specialist complaints, consequential loss claims and other non-standard customer queries. As such, errors or inaccuracies in the letters sent by the Bank could have legal or reputational consequences.
- ensuring that Letter QA are able to deliver high quality letter checks across a range of projects, often within challenging timeframes, prioritising your workload where required, to meet the broader portfolio objectives
- helping to deliver on the strategic and technical direction of the Letter QA proposition/service, including end to end process and key stakeholder deliverables.
- providing coaching and support to colleagues within Letters QA and also across the wider portfolio to drive up standards and improve Right First Time scores
- ensuring your own work is completed to a high standard and delivered within SLA and to the required standard. All assurance deliverables are in a consistent and agreed format
- acting as a coordination point to ensure that ad-hoc requests for Letters QA from project teams are dealt with in a timely manner (and delivering where necessary).
- serving as an escalation point for issues raised by other work streams related to Letters QA work
A self-starter, capable of working with multiple groups within the organisation as well as working independently using initiative, drive and determination with a high attention to detail: A strong problem solver with the discipline to meet project deadlines under pressure and to communicate progress, risks/issues in a clear, transparent manner
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
- A working knowledge of Barclays systems, products and processes
- Experience in drafting documentation/customer comms
- Able to provide high quality assurance on system generated letters and bespoke communications.
Desirable Skills/Preferred Qualifications
- High level of communication skills including interactive listening to facilitate internal negotiations
- Use of personal discretion to ensure that the correct customer outcome is communicated based upon the available facts whilst adhering to applicable Bank policies and standards
- Detail oriented with good time management and works estimation skills
- Ability to handle change in a dynamic fast moving environment with a positive attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to drive initiatives forward
- Understanding of Barclays Values & Behaviours
- Credibility to work across all levels, including management and cross functional teams
- Ability to prioritise and adhere to deadlines
- Results and deadline oriented
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.