Regulatory Reporting Governance (VP)
Length: 6 months (full-time – 35 hours) – with potential to extend
As a Barclays Regulatory Reporting Governance VP you will be responsible for delivering on high profile regulatory requests in a fast pace complex environment, managing stakeholder interactions and driving the design and implementation of governance requirements to ensure best practice governance standards.
What will you be doing?
· Support independent review of the financial regulatory reporting governance standards
· Provide governance activities supporting the financial regulatory disclosures
· Provide SME guidance to support key stakeholders as to how governance requirements should be implemented
· Oversee the delivery of BAU governance activities
· Drive the response to any independent review of the financial regulatory reporting governance standards
· Responding to ad-hoc information requests from internal and external stakeholders
· Actively develop a culture of continuous improvement.
· Review processes, procedures and requirements, on a regular basis, to identify areas for improvement and drive through the necessary changes
· Ensure through the governance process that the integrity of the regulatory data externally disclosed remains within the highest standard and adequate controls are in place
· Identify options and design solutions, working with the unit/business project teams as subject matter expert to optimise services and outputs
· Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
What we’re looking for:
· Good understanding of financial and reporting controls
· Excellent regulatory reporting and governance knowledge/ experience
· Strong control awareness including understanding the key controls required in a financial institution
· Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to manage a number of deliverables at pace
· Strong analytical skills, with the ability to understand and investigate complex issues
· The initiative and curiosity to challenge current processes and develop effective alternative solutions
· A high level of commitment and enthusiasm
· Proven interpersonal, influencing and team working skills and the ability to communicate at multiple levels
Where will you be working?
Initially you will be working from home then you will work from our offices in London.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online. If you require an alternative method please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.