Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
As a Barclays Project Manager, you will be responsible for driving the successful implementation of our climate strategy that interfaces with several areas of the Bank (e.g. Risk, Technology, Operations, etc.). This is an exciting opportunity to manage projects through all phases including Planning, Initiation, Delivery, Implementation and Closeout; collaborating with Project Sponsor to refine the scope and success criteria of the project.
- Responsible for managing a range of climate-linked Secured Borrowing activities, working with multiple business areas
- Set out, and provide input to, the business case for the programme taking into account information on benefits, costs, risks, resources and timescales
- Identifies, assesses and manages project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, escalating as appropriate via the agreed governance framework.
- Responsible for managing the project financials (budget, forecast, actuals) where appropriate.
- Provide detailed and robust reporting to key stakeholders and Project Forums and in addition, where required, writing programme updates to be delivered to the Leadership Team.
- Identify, define & track the realisation of the project benefits in line with the Business Case. Track benefits covering Financial (revenue/cost) and Non-Financial (regulatory, customer/employee satisfaction, reputation).
- Establish and run Working Groups or Programme Forums (as appropriate).
- Oversee impact assessment, training/communication activities to ensure it is fit for purpose.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Demonstrable project experience, working on business driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact
• Experience on large scale transformation programmes.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.