Project Manager - SRP Finance Programme
Contract Length: 6 months
About RFT COO – Group Finance CIO
The Chief Operating Office for Risk, Finance and Treasury - Group Finance CIO is responsible for change management across Group Finance systems. Programme management is a critical function within Group Finance CIO ensuring the delivery of technology services, including change management covering BX and Barclays businesses.
Overall purpose of the role
The purpose of the role will be to successfully manage and deliver Regulatory reporting (Basel IV) projects to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards.
What will you be doing?
- Manages project teams (direct or indirect) engaged throughout the full delivery lifecycle.
- Delivery of projects supporting the business strategy from business case through to initiation, requirement analysis, design, build, testing, implementation and closure
- Manages the project end to end including the IT elements of delivery (where applicable)
- Support CIO management team in executing portfolio governance and controls
- Manages stakeholder communications at all levels across the organisation
- Experience in managing projects with high complexity, business critical and cross-functional teams spanning multiple regions and functions
- Regulatory projects / responses within the Financial Services sector (ideally Financial Control)
- Adept at managing senior stakeholders
- Able to drill into detail or communicate at a high level depending on the audience
- Can run senior governance / oversight forums including preparation of materials
- Project Management - Practitioner level accreditation (eg Prince 2, PMI, APM)
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbie