Project Manager (HR Optimisation Team)
Location: London (E14 5HP)
Length: 6 months
1-2 days in the office
Overall purpose of role:
HR Optimisation team offer a range of services delivering change within the HR function, and supporting business transformation more broadly. As a Project Manager this role will lead across a variety of HR projects, partnering with stakeholders across multiple parts of HR, and across the Group more broadly.
- The role holder will be responsible for managing a range of HR strategic programmes, working with multiple HR areas (transaction cycles).
- Input to and set out the business case for the programme taking into account information on benefits, costs, risks, resources and timescales.
- Ensures that sufficient level of detail project and quality plans are prepared and maintained for complex projects, providing regular and accurate reports on progress against plan to stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Identifies, assesses and manages project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, escalating as appropriate via the agreed governance framework.
- Controls the scope of projects, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised.
- Responsible for managing the project financials (budget, forecast, actuals) where appropriate.
- Providing detailed and robust reporting to key stakeholders and Project Forums and in additional, where required, writing programme updates to be delivered to the HR Leadership Team and Group ExCo.
- Identify, define & track the realisation of the project benefits in line with the Business Case. Track benefits covering Financial (revenue/cost) and Non-Financial (regulatory, customer/employee satisfaction, reputation).
- Monitor actual performance against overall project and take remedial actions.
- Establish and run Working Groups or Programme Forum (as appropriate).
- Ensures project meet the desired requirements of Accountable Executives and that acceptance and handover to business as usual are managed (as appropriate).
- Ensures that all project status reporting is accurate, informative and timely.
- Oversee impacts assessment, training/communication activities to ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Ensures projects being managed are compliant with relevant HR Optimisation framework governance methodologies.
- Ensure sufficient level of flexibility and tolerance provided to tackle complex nature of project. Maintaining control of exceptions outside tolerance.
Person Specification/Essential Skills:
- VP level demonstrable Project experience, working on business driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact in Financial Services
- Experience on large scale HR transformation programmes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. Able to work with and present to senior stakeholders up to and including Group ExCo.
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills.
- Project Management - Practitioner level accreditation (eg Prince 2, PMI, APM) and Agile
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.