Project Manager (HR Optimisation)
London, Glasgow or Northampton
Length: 6 months (full-time – 35 hours)
As a Barclays Project Manager joining the HR Optimisation team, you will help deliver change within the HR function, and support business transformation.
Your role will lead across a variety HR projects, partnering with stakeholders across multiple transaction cycles within HR and across the bank more broadly.
What will you be doing?
- Managing a range of strategic programmes, working with multiple HR transaction cycles.
- Setting out the business case for the programme taking into account information on benefits, costs, risks, resources and timescales.
- Building an integrated roadmap, a detailed plan and overseeing transition states.
- Ensuring that sufficient level of detail for project and quality plans are prepared and maintained for complex projects
- Providing regular, accurate and informative reports on progress against plan to stakeholders and the Project Forum group as appropriate.
- Identifying assessing and managing project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, escalating as appropriate via the agreed governance framework.
- Controlling the scope of projects, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised.
- Managing the project financials including budget, forecast and actuals.
- Tracking financial (revenue/cost) and non-financial (regulatory, customer/employee satisfaction, reputation) project benefits.
- Monitoring actual performance against overall project and taking remedial actions.
- Establishing and running working groups or programme forums (where appropriate).
- Overseeing impacts assessment, training and communication activities to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Ensuring projects being managed are compliant with relevant HR Optimisation framework governance methodologies.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable project experience, working on business driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact in Financial Services.
- Experience on large scale HR transformation programmes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work with and present to senior stakeholders.
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills.
- Project Management Practitioner level accreditation (eg Prince 2, PMI, APM) and Agile preferred
Where will you be working?
Initially you will be working from home then you will work from our offices in London, Glasgow or Northampton.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online. If you require an alternative method please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.