Length of contract: 6 months initially
Product Control is primarily responsible for understanding, substantiating and controlling the daily trading balance sheet and income statement for Barclays Investment Bank. We are looking for a Product Controller on a contract basis who will be responsible for the production of a comprehensive daily trading P&L and balance sheet and for the execution of regular independent price verification, ensuring that the appropriate accounting principles are applied.
- Responsible for P&L activities and Balance Sheet Reconciliation and Substantiation processes with full ownership on a monthly basis
- Working closely with IT, projects team. FO to plan and implement any system improvements required
- Consideration of appropriateness of booking methodologies or approximate booking
- Redesigning and streamlining daily and monthly front to back processes; identify issue and root cause of issue; coordinate with stakeholder to correct issues and developing controls to prevent such issues from recurring
- Monitoring of Key Controls and Reconciliations
- Develop and maintain governance, internal guideline and procedural documentation relating to the Equities business
- Strong understanding of accounting fundamentals and Product Control function required
- Ability to fully understand complex transactions and proactively develop product knowledge
- Strong Derivatives, Equities Prime knowledge and financial risk awareness
- Minimum 4 years experience in financial services industry highly preferred
- Able to manage multiple tasks in fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines required
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.