Planning & Stress Testing Analyst
Planning & Stress Testing Analyst - AVP
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-6 PM
Overall Purpose of Role
- The other Planning and Stress Testing transaction cycle teams who lead the operational delivery of the planning and stress testing process
- SME’s in Risk, Finance and Treasury on coordination of coherent objectives, principles, methodology and points of regulatory interpretation
- Model owners and first line submitters to ensure appropriate capture of model risk and provide independent challenge to their results where appropriate
What will you be doing?
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure the requirements land and activities and tasks are initially taken over and delivered, followed by building up capability to help drive the agenda
- Overseeing elements of Group and/or business aligned planning & stress testing processes and driving their delivery.
- This includes delivery of Barclays internal stress tests as well as external regulatory stress test for PRA and EBA
- Acting to provide a central review and challenge capability by analysing business submissions for plausibility
- and commercial logic against benchmark data
- Responsible for interactions across the Group with participation in working groups and execution committees
- Deliver high quality MI with a challenging but positive influential style, in order to make recommendations off the back of detailed analytical work
What we’re looking for:
- 4-5 years experience in planning & stress testing
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements i.e. BoE Stress Testing, ICAAP requirements at another major firm
- BA degree in finance, accounting, banking, investment is preferable
- Financial services background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of consumer banking financial components, especially elements of bank Stress testing i.e. Credit Risk, Impairment, RWA, capital etc.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.