People Advisory Partner (HRBP)
Glasgow (remote role)
Length: until end of 2020
We are looking for a People Advisory Partner to join on a contract basis to support the HR Delivery and Advisory team, enabling the function to execute delivery of consistent, best in class HR products and services to our colleagues across the organisation through advising on people queries, using technical HR knowledge and relationship management capabilities, and leading and delivering people related activity (e.g. change programmes, functional transformation)
The People Advisory Partner will act as an enabler and trusted advisor to business stakeholders, using analytics and insight to shape the business strategy with regards to planned Workforce Change and enable a sustainable, high performance culture
What will you be doing?
- Work with the D&A team to translate business needs into best in class HR solutions
- Support to drive consistency across the HR function
- Advise on organisational design, change and effectiveness
- Ensure effective delivery of agreed HR products and interventions to the business
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated experience of driving global, complex change programmes across diverse businesses
- Excellent personal credibility as a senior HR professional or Project Manager/Change Professional with the ability to build trusted relationships across the organisation
- A motivated self-starter and able to navigate through change
- Delivery focussed, with a passion for excellence
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to present insightful data to influence decisions
- Good understanding of HR Technical expertise balanced by practical, pragmatic and solution orientated approach
- Strong data/analytics skills would be an advantage
Where will you be working?
Although the primary location would be Glasgow, this role is completely remote
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.