About Quantitative Analytics
Quantitative Analytics (QA) is a global organisation of highly specialized quantitative modellers and developers.
QA is responsible for developing, testing, implementing and supporting quantitative models for valuation and risk management of traded assets, regulatory and economic capital, impairments, scenario generation, fraud detection, asset-liability management, operational risk, net revenue and balance sheet forecasting, and stress testing across Barclays.
About QA BUK Retail Credit
QA BUK Retail Credit is responsible for the development and implementation support and maintenance of impairment, regulatory capital, planning, stress testing, credit decision and risk reward models for BUK.
Overall purpose of role
The successful individual will be responsible for support of the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Regulatory Capital Models.
Furthermore, you will research statistical techniques and industry best practice, whilst liaising with systems teams to user-test and implement these practices. Once this has been completed, you will provide the business with insights and recommendations for process improvement and future strategy models.
- Work with stakeholders across functions, driving value by developing innovative modelling and analytical solutions for credit risk management.
- Independently develop best-in-class models for use in the retail lending business, specifically for the UK Consumer Loans and Current Accounts products, including calibrations of existing models and associated analytics.
- Ensure that all models are compliant with internal and external requirements, including documentation standards.
- Provide the business with insights and recommendations for model, strategy and process improvement.
- A university degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, operations research or another quantitative area; or significant relevant industry experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience in statistical model development, including Basel capital and IFRS9 impairment models, with a track record of successful delivery
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference..
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.