Middle Office Analyst - Syndicate Equities
Length: 6 months initially
Syndicate IBMO provide middle office support to the Equity Syndicate and Fixed Income Syndicate/MTN trading desks. The role will to provide coverage for both equities and fixed income.
Equity Syndicate facilitate the process of Initial Public Offers (IPOs) across multiple European jurisdictions for Barclays clients. They also facilitate secondary market accelerated book build sell downs from existing large shareholders in listed companies across Europe.
Fixed Income Syndicate/MTN facilitate the issuance of corporate debt and medium term notes for a wide range of corporate clients via bookbuilds and reverse enquiries.
Syndicate IMBO provide are responsible for the middle office controls and execution framework from deal inception to settlement for all Syndicate activity for both desks with an emphasis on settlement planning.What will you be doing?
- The role holder will be responsible for the day-to-day team tasks associated with the Syndicate IBMO team (~3 members). The role holder will support and resolve day-to-day control issues that may arise
- The role holder would be responsible for working with both internal and external stakeholders to plan settlement flow on bespoke deal structures whilst maintaining a strong control environment . The role holder will work closely with Settlements and Prematching teams to ensure timely settlement on all tranches of Syndicate trades.
- The role holder would be responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all trade bookings and that all T0 EOD control checks are complete. The role holder will be responsible for providing the daily contact with the desks relevant Finance, Legal, Sales and other infrastructure teams. The role holder will be responsible for the middle office controls on high value deals and be in contact with sensitive information on a day-to-day basis.
- The role holder will be responsible in reviewing the delivery vs the SLA’s agreed, and ensuring cross coverage is in place for all processes. The role holder will be responsible for providing SME inputs for any bespoke client queries along with managing the regulatory / internal change projects and ensuring appropriate testing is delivered.
- Role holder, as an SME, will be required to help the team lead manage day-to-day relationships with the Syndicate desks and the Capital Markets banking contacts
- The candidate will be the primary responder for day-to-day issues and queries received from Settlements, Legal, PCG and Front Office. Issues to be escalated to line manager
- The candidate will contribute to communications with external Syndicate banks to ensure the optimal delivery of deals. The role holder will be a critical part of the deal process from inception to closing. The role holder will be responsible for ensuring all the queries are investigated, resolved and where required, escalated in a timely manner.
- The role holder will be responsible for identifying control gaps and working with the team management and other stakeholders to address/improve/resolve these
- The role holder will need to ensure appropriate escalation of any CASS or high risk exceptions to business leads and functional managers.
- Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
What we’re looking for:
- Settlements or Middle Office experience
- The ideal candidate would have have substantial experience of working in MO along with handling Client/ Syndicate Bank / Front Office queries
- Syndicate product knowledge
- The role holder must be a strong communicator and be able to lead meetings and calls with both internal and external stakeholders
- The role holder must work well in a fast paced environment reporting to senior stakeholders
- The role holder will benefit from a strong working knowledge of MS office Suite, specifically Excel - Knowledge of Vlookups and Pivot tables is essential, Macro’s and VBA knowledge would be beneficial
Where will you be working?
Remote until further notice. Eventually to be Canary Wharf, London based.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.