Markets Programme Office
Markets Programme Office - Material Growth Initiatives
London (remote to start - must live in commutable distance to either London, Glasgow or Northampton for when offices reopen fully)
Contract Length: 6 months
This role forms part of the Markets Programme Office for Material Growth Initiatives, directly supporting the Heads of business change teams in managing the portfolio of work aligned to the business globally by ensuring all projects and programmes within remain compliant with change control standards, execution risk standards and also managing financials, setting benchmarks for planning and project governance across the group and ensuring that levels of quality meet the desired standards. This role will also act as an interface to senior forums and field queries and requests for information surrounding the change portfolio from the COO Office and Group Management Office.
What will you be doing?
- Assessing and reporting on programme status and supporting Equities governance (up to Group ExCo level)
- Ensure consistent adherence to governance & execution risk standards across the entire business change Portfolio
- Define approach and best practice across the project and programme management lifecycle – mobilisation, planning, analysis, testing, benefit realisation, lessons learnt etc.
- Financial Management including supporting Financial planning/budgeting - High Level Shape, Medium-term plan (MTP)
- Track and monitor trends and exceptions in financial and non-financial performance (Revenue/Business KPIs/Change Delivery)
- Manage and lead on the execution risk/control dimension, including Change Risk Impact Assessment (CRIA), Change Self Assessment (CSA), Audits
- Ensure quality and consistency of status updates, reporting, outward content publication
- Manage and respond to ad-hoc requests for information from C-Suite level
- Preparation of materials for weekly/monthly governance forums and reporting outputs
- Provide guidance to PMs/PMOs/BAs across the business aligned Change Group with the aim of driving consistency, improvements in quality and focus on risk management
- Proactive, independent challenge of project delivery plans, targets, benefits etc.
- Lead quarterly change reviews as part of Rolling Planning approach
- Manage the external perception and reputation of the team through high quality, content-risk project and programme delivery, reliable and transparent oversight and celebration of success and achievement
- Stakeholder management
What we’re looking for:
- Must be able to form strong relationships and work collaboratively with Front Office and Infrastructure teams
- Project/Programme management and Change Governance experience in a Financial Services setting
- Providing high quality MI, Reporting and excellent written communication to Head of Business / Group ExCo level
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills
- Excellent Communication Skills with strong ability to distill complex topics to clear, simple messaging
- Excellent Presentation Skills with strong ability to tell a compelling story, both in verbal and written form
- Excellent Powerpoint Skills with the ability to convey the message in an engaging, high-quality manner
- Excellent Excel Skills with strong ability to analyse and tell a story through data
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience delivering Equities technology projects
- Experience designing and improving project governance and control frameworks
- Executive level communication
- Markets product experience
Where will you be working?
This is a remote role (but must live in commutable distance to either London, Glasgow or Northampton for when offices reopen fully)
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.