Legal Personal Assistant
Working hours: 28 hours/week (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Length: 6 months with a possibility for an extension
Overall purpose of role
The candidate will be part of a team of four PAs working 4 days per week providing efficient and professional PA support to one Managing Director and six Directors as well as working closely together as a team to assist the Global Litigation, Investigations & Enforcement EME department.
- Proficient and extensive PA support for Directors including full diary management: scheduling meetings, ensuring the diary is up to date, using judgment to prioritise meetings, requests from both internal and external stakeholders
- Working closely and in unison with PA to Global Head of LI&E and PA Hub to provide full extensive PA support and coverage to the team ensuring workload is covered during absences and busy periods
- Liaising with internal and external law firms to arrange stakeholder meetings and interviews in a highly professional manner
- Ensure all calls are answered in a professional manner, messages are taken accurately and passed on immediately
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
- Excellent PA skills supporting Senior Management at Director and/or MD level
- Legal experience preferred but not essential
- High level of skill/competency in IT– relevant packages e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Proven experience of working within a fast paced and demanding environment within professional services organisations, a corporate or financial institution.
- Excellent written and communication skills with a high-level of attending to detail and accuracy
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.