IB MO macro analyst
Length of contract: initially 6 months
We are looking for an Investment Bank Middle Office Analyst on a contract basis who will be responsible for maintaining the control environment while supporting the trading desks. This challenging role requires the successful individual to coordinate across global teams and different business areas as well as partner closely with key stakeholders and colleagues around the firm.
- Manage Trade Validation – external and internal oversight including the completeness and accuracy of trade integrity in various trade capture systems
- Manage Trade Events – management of post trade activity and trade enrichment. Escalation of any associated trade life-cycle breaks to the relevant area.
- Develop a culture of transparency, integrity and collaboration where all fellow team members are motivated and inspired
- Middle office functions: covering Derivatives in Rates, Credit, FX and Treasury
- Track record of successfully delivering an excellent level of service as part of a team under challenging circumstances
- Ability to understand and analyse complex problems and provide effective tactical and strategic solutions
- Strong risk background / culture and is able to identify and resolve problems
- Track record of maintaining effective customer relations and service program through delivery of SLA's.
- Experience using XML
- Ability to implement Risk Self Assessment and ensure compliance with all Regulations
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.