High Risk CDD Review Senior Associate
High Risk Customer Due Diligence Review Senior Associate
Northampton/Glasgow (working from home)
Length: 6 months
The High Risk Review (HRR) CDD team owns the end to end process for reviews of high risk businesses within BB. The team sits within the wider Client Risk Assessment team and is in the first line of defence.
Overall purpose of role
The role holder will act as a senior member of the HRR CDD team, and will fully support the HRR Team Leader with team management activities, for example, collating management information and reporting. They will be a process subject matter expert, and will both coach team members and influence required changes in the process. Additionally, they may be required to perform internal team checks prior to high risk case submission.
The role holder will have day to day line management responsibilities for a number of High Risk Review Associates.
In addition to the above, they will also have their own cases to complete. They will own the provision of client documentation and information required for high risk reviews, by proactively contacting clients and collaborating with relationship managers and operational teams regarding CDD refresh. Liaise directly with clients to complete cases end to end, obtain required CDD compliant documentation and progress the case through to risk acceptance and review completion.
The role holder will play a critical role through the delivery of skilled technical and analytical support, enabling the business to protect its license to trade and meet regulatory policy standards. The HRR Senior Associate will enable business quality management assurance to Business Banking Standards.
Please note that this role is currently ‘working from home’ but the successful candidate may need to spend some time in the office in line with Future Ways of Working guidelines. The preferable base locations for this role are the strategic sites Northampton and Glasgow.
- Act as subject matter expert in enhanced CDD and promote a greater understanding of operational controls within the business teams in order to embed a risk aware culture.
- Coach team members, and act as a point of contact for queries, escalating to Team Leaders where necessary.
- Support the Team Leader to ensure that team workflow is managed in the most effective and efficient way.
- Provide day to day line management support to High Risk Review Associates, escalating concerns regarding support required or performance management to Team Leaders.
- Collate team management information and report as required.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement across the HRR process and within the wider business and work with Team Leaders, Coverage team, clients and internal partners to improve processes.
- Own the provision of client documentation and information required for high risk reviews, by proactively liaising directly with clients and collaborating with Business Banking Coverage Managers and operational teams in relation to more complex HRR cases.
- The role holder will need to comply the bank’s KYC requirements, identify the correct approach and strategy for individual clients, analyse information and documentation obtained directly from the client and external sources, make informed decisions around whether information and documentation is satisfactory and complete the case through to risk acceptance and attestation.
- Proactively initiate contact with high risk business clients, including Senior Management and Company Representatives in relation to more complex HRR cases.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Partner with and escalate to internal areas, including the Risk Assessment Unit (RAU).
- When appropriate, challenge and negotiate on areas of KYC policy with internal teams and exercise judgement when faced with subjective scenarios, in order to ensure the appropriate level of diligence is undertaken and complex KYC cases / issues are resolved.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays policies and policy standards.
Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience are as follows:
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Subject matter expert in AML requirements, particularly CDD;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of colleagues including senior stakeholders;
- Excellent relationships building skills and ability to remain colleague obsessed at the same time as carry out the highest quality of CDD;
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and to deliver to a high standard of accuracy;
- Ability to coach others in relation to complex issues related to CDD;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Significant attention to detail; and
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge and previous experience of quality assurance/review activity, including the ability to coach others in this field;
- Previous experience working with and interpreting compliance, risk and operational procedures; and
- Proven experience in line management.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.