Financial Assistance - Collections Specialist Advisor
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
Your integrity, problem solving and empathy are all Barclays needs.
You will be working from home. In the future, Northampton or Manchester. PAYE only.
Initial Length: 6-months (with the potential to extend)
Barclays Bank is looking for an Advisor to join the Financial Assistance team on a contract basis to support its first class customer experience. You will be helping customers who are in financial difficulty with repayment solutions in a way that is manageable for them. Impacting their lives in these critical times.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn new skills and help create moments that deeply matter to customers. One connection built, one problem solved, one relationship at a time.
How are you going to help Barclays’ customers?
- Listen to customers and understand their needs in order to tailor repayment solutions, whilst ensuring the right outcome for all
- Ensure vulnerable customers are identified and supported appropriately
- Act with integrity as the first line of defence to protect the customer and Barclays’ reputation
- Address and, where appropriate, escalate issues and challenges to the Team Leader to achieve the best possible outcome in line with regulation, Barclays policy and best practice
- Help identify ideas for improvements that might help our customers better
- Have attention to detail to ensure that a customer’s records and needs are accurately up to date
You will enjoy this role if you are…
- An empathic listener who can connect and establish meaningful relationships via telephone
- A problem solver
- Resilient and able to cope in a fast-paced environment
- A proactive thinker with strong communication skills
- Strong in computer literacy
- Ability to navigate multiple systems
- Strong in numeracy and literacy skills
- A real team player
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to email@example.com.