Digital Platform Business Analyst
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The purpose of the role is to contribute to the embedding and scaling of the products created from the Tech Vision Program effort throughout the Investment Bank and in particular the candidate will be responsible for the analysis of a new digital platform through which the Investment Bank will offer an existing capital markets service. The BA is the key business-liaison member of a multi-skilled team responsible to shape new initiatives and initiate change while meeting Lean and Agile delivery principles.
- Define and document the end to end business requirements of the new digital platform working closely with Business, Product, Technology and Project Management teams.
- Understand and comply with the requirements of Barclays Agile Change Lifecycle and Group mandated.
- Business Change methods (including NAPA), standards and tools..
- Ensure all governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements are considered during development of requirements and designs for features.
- Ensure effective progress of work using appropriate lean and agile methods/techniques minimising waste in close collaboration with change delivery teams.
- Identifying and engaging with dependencies and interfaces between projects and programmer work streams and identification of risks and issues affecting delivery .
- Ability to recognize and escalate key project issues risks. Bring together stakeholders to find appropriate solutions
- Strong track record of business / systems architecture and analysis disciplines, including enterprise architecture; specific experience with lean and agile methodologies and tools is preferable
- Analysis, creativity and innovation – able to conceive original and practical solutions to complex and business critical problems.
- Fully up to date with developments in individual area of expertise and will be expected to be close to the external market to identify and understand new emergent technologies and solutions and their potential for application within the Bank.
- Sound commercial judgment and overall understanding of the Financial Services Industry, particularly the business impact of the regulatory environment and private capital markets.
- Consultancy skills to be able to understand the bigger picture and effectively solve business problems and identify ways to make both customers and colleagues lives easier; effectively articulate options, impacts and solutions.
- Background in technology innovation projects within financial services.
- Superior drive for results; able to juggle priorities, multi-task and execute flawlessly at speed
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Able to multi task and manage several deadlines
- Prior experience of working in a financial institution environment a must.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Understanding of risk management & regulatory demands.
- Accredited with industry standard Business Analysis qualifications, Lean and Agile qualifications and an understanding of Business Analysis tools methods and techniques
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.