Location: home-based initially and afterwards in London, Glasgow, Coventry, Northampton or Cardiff
Length: 6 months with a possibility for an extension
As a Barclays Decision Analyst you will be part of our BUK Data Analytics Team that operates as an internal consulting team to the business to harness the power of our data, using advanced analytics, to deliver assets, that drive the performance of the bank, enabling smarter, faster, and more proactive decision making.
The overall purpose of the role is to deliver hypothesis-driven analysis, models and insights to investigate key business issues relating to Barclays customers, markets, products and channels, and use this insight to drive the wider Retail and Business Bank’s agenda to create value for customers, colleagues, the community and the company.
What will you be doing?
• Undertake analysis to understand customer behaviour, product and financial performance to then help to maximise product performance, support product plans and drive key strategic initiatives
• Identify performance trends, customer behaviours and commercial opportunities and risks through application of quantitative analytical skills
• Contribute to the design, test and build of complex information across multiple decision engines to identify causal links between customer behaviour and business opportunities and performance
• Demonstrate an innovative approach to data-based problem solving, and have input into the development of an analytic strategy that supports business strategy
• Take part in initiatives to improve the accuracy, availability, granularity and coverage of our data
• Communicate the findings of analysis to senior stakeholders and in visually-compelling reports or presentations. through a complex matrix organisation
• Develop the targeting approach to accurately identify customer needs. Design tests, delivery campaigns and analyse performance to ensure campaigns are executed effectively
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive analytic experience preferably within financial services products/segments, digital or Telco.
• Experience of programming in SQL and in additional computer languages (e.g. SAS, R, Python)
• Experience of statistical analysis techniques
• Experience in creating business models, both financial and consumer behavioural
• Practical experience of creating customer segmentation models, and running customer targeting
• Experience in using innovative customer analysis to identify commercial opportunities
• Practical knowledge of data warehouse and MI environments and practises
Where will you be working?
This is a home-based role initially and afterwards in London, Glasgow, Coventry, Northampton or Cardiff
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.