Data Scientist Analyst
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The role will focus predominantly on the development and optimisation of Surveillance & TM solutions for in-scope Barclays UK (BUK) and Barclays International (BI) businesses / locations, including;
- Working with Global Surveillance colleagues to support the development, implementation and optimisation of automated Surveillance & TM automated solutions and capabilities.
- Supporting the development of the Financial Crime Data Lake (FIDA) and the Group Data Architecture (Optimus) to ensure that it fulfils the requirements of the Global Surveillance team and the wider Financial Crime function.
- Collaborating with Global Surveillance leads, key Business, Operational, Technology and Financial Crime stakeholders to understand key priorities for the bank and identify enhancement opportunities.
- Leading on innovation within in the field of Surveillance & TM data analytics.
- Work with colleagues to support the development, implementation and optimisation of Global Surveillance solutions and capabilities, including;
- Supporting regular review & optimisation of Surveillance & TM solutions (vendor or bespoke), maximising effectiveness and efficiency, and ensuring a risk-based approach is taken.
- Supporting the development and implementation of strategic investment projects, providing clear requirements, acting as the ‘voice of the customer’ and taking responsibility for ensuring that the end product is of a high standard.
- Developing and operationalising bespoke monitoring and oversight solutions within our Financial Crime.
- Data Lake (FIDA), including rules, models, typologies, profiles and dashboards.
- Ensuring Surveillance & TM solutions are rigorously built and embedded into routine processes, enabling proactive identification of money laundering and financial crime risks.
- Building and maintaining ongoing feedback loop from key business areas/processes and ensure that requirements are incorporated into developing and optimising solutions.
- Develop new / innovative methods to visualise effectiveness of Surveillance & TM solutions.
- Ensuring that all relevant data has been correctly sourced, enriched, integrated and architected so that it can be leveraged for Surveillance & TM related development and analytics.
- Supporting the identification and onboarding of new and relevant datasets based on the requirements of the Financial Crime function.
- Providing SME knowledge on FIDA data relevant to Surveillance & TM requirements.
- Leveraging the enriched data available in FIDA, in conjunction with the data science sandbox, to develop Surveillance & TM solutions.
- Experience in utilising analytical/data science tools for data exploration, analysis and visualisation – ideally within Financial Services / Financial Crime or a similar field.
- Experience in development of data visualisations/dashboards; preferably Tableau or similar (such as Qlikview, Qliksense, PowerBI).
- Hands on experience of common Data Science tools, libraries and languages (SQL , Python, R, Scala, Spark).
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.