Length: 4 months
Overall purpose of role:
This role is seeking data analyst with excellent analytical skills to support the Gosling programme which is consolidating all Java reporting data into a single database for management and operational reporting purposes. The role will support creation of this capability. A good understanding of E2E delivery management to support the processes along this journey.
- Data Analysis of AS-IS components to identify blockers (and solutions) for new MS-SQL DB creation.
- MS-SQL DB design of tables and attributes including performance related aspects.
- MS-SQL coding capabilities.
- Support delivery of MS-SQL DB and associated SSRS components.
- Undertake MS SQL code reviews to ensure that they meet the specification
- Understand the data and support testing of the system
- High skill set in analysis of data making practical judgements aligned to 80/20 rule in most cases.
- Interact with key stakeholders during delivery and testing phase to ensure requirements are met to their
- Strong data analytical skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Broad technical background, including reporting (Essential), patching/evergreening and vulnerability management
- Good/very good knowledge of MS-SQl code and good exposure to SSRS.
- Good documentation writing experience e.g. in technical design space (Desirable)
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.