Customer Service Representative
No previous banking knowledge is needed. You can apply from the retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry. Your integrity, communication and empathy is what we are looking for.
Length: 12 months
Location: Glasgow (1 day in the office per week with a view to increase)
Hours and working pattern: 35 per week, Monday - Sunday, 7am - 11pm
Provisional Hours as per brief information**
**Please note due to the nature of the role and business demand, your working pattern can change at your manager’s discretion at any time. This working pattern will fall between Monday to Sunday 7am to 11pm. Your flexibility throughout the assignment is therefore required to accommodate this**
Training will be 4 weeks long Mon-Fri and day shift (9-5pm for example) Annual leave cannot be taken during this time.
A Customer Care colleague serves the more complex needs of our customers. This role requires the colleague to build expertise in our products, policies and processes, so that they can support and deliver the right outcome for our customers in the right way. Working across multiple channels, the Customer Care colleague will personalise each interaction with a customer, ensuring the best possible experience is delivered at all times.
How are you going to help Barclays’ customers?
- Provide excellent customer service & responses on behalf of Barclays
- Use initiative in developing resolutions by telephone, electronic communications (e.g. email, SMS, Chat) or in person, depending on customer preference, ensuring solutions to derive the right outcome and exceed customer expectations
- Break down complex issues or customer queries and assimilate a wide range of information to fully understand cause, impact and solution.
- Plan and organise with strong attention to detail in preparing for each planned customer contact
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements whilst adhering to relevant Policies & Standards - outlined in the Code of Conduct and mandatory training
- Ensure vulnerable customers are identified and supported appropriately
- Correct use of internal systems to ensure that a customer’s records are accurately maintained and are up to date
- Be proficient in all aspects of money management
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy whilst showing competent problem solving and decision-making ability
- Being able to relay to customer in an easy to understand and efficient manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Contact centre experience is preferred
- Experience of operating in a customer-focused role
- Proven experience in promoting an excellent customer journey
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office tools to a high standard
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.