Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Advisor
Area: Business Banking
Duration: 12 months FTC
Hours/week: 35 hrs/week
Pay Rate range: Unknown
You don’t need any previous banking knowledge for this full time contract. But as a listener with integrity, empathy and great communication skills, you will have already shined in a call-centre environment.
Barclays Customer Service Advisors are at the forefront of our obsession with customers. - and right now, they need us more than ever. Our business banking customers, in particular, need experts who really listen to their business challenges. People who can support them by proactively offering solutions that meet their exact business needs.
A full-time (12 month) contract with Barclays is a great opportunity to show what you’re capable of and gain exceptional industry experience. Flexibility is the name of the game for this role, as you will be working 35 hours a week from Monday-Sunday 8am-9pm, with your shifts being in line with opening hours.
In this role, you will take ownership of customer problems and give them the best possible experience as you resolve their issues. Through active listening and problem-solving skills, you will troubleshoot customer queries and quickly come up with solutions. You will work collaboratively with other banking colleagues to deliver a great customer experience by providing solutions to complex queries that meet their goals.
- Listen to customers carefully, solve their problems, provide solutions and build effective relationships
- Collaborate with colleagues and coordinate responses with other departments to find the right solutions for customers
- Achieve the best possible outcome for the customer by managing and escalating customer queries, complaints and feedback in line with regulation, Barclays’ policy and best practice
- Ensure that you work in an effective, efficient and compliant manner at all times. Raise any concerns at any time with your manager to ensure all Bank Policies in relation to Regulation, Compliance and Legal are fully adhered to at all times
- Be a Digital Expert: guide customers through our digital services so they feel confident using their channels of choice e.g. Barclays Mobile Banking, Pingit, On-Line Banking
- The ability to listen and be empathetic when interacting with customers on the telephone
- Experience working in a fast-paced contact or call centre/telephony environment
- Clear communication skills: both written and verbal
- Great problem-solving and literacy skills with an affinity for numbers and attention to detail
- The capacity to understand the options available to customers and summarise them in an easy-to-understand manner
- Ability to strengthen customer relationships with every interaction
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.