Customer Service Representative
Barclays Customer Service Associate
Area: Retail Banking
Duration: 12 months FTC
Hours/week: 35 hrs/week
Pay Rate range: Unknown
You don’t need any previous banking knowledge for this full time contract. But as a listener with integrity, empathy and great communication skills, you will have already shined in a call-centre environment.
Barclays Customer Service Associates are at the forefront of our obsession with customers - and right now our customers need us more than ever. They need people who really listen. People who understand and who can help and support them.
A full-time (12 month) contract directly with Barclays like this, doesn't come around very often, and this is a great opportunity to show what you’re capable of. Flexibility is the name of the game for this role, as you will be working 35 hours from Monday-Sunday 8am-9pm, with your shifts being in line with opening hours.
We’re committed to delivering exceptional customer experience. In this role your focus will be on customers who are in current and future financial difficulty. You will work with them to understand their current financial situation, while helping to assess affordability. Based on these assessments, you will create repayment solutions for our customers to ensure that they repay their lending excess and return back to sustainable terms in a way that is both affordable and manageable.
- Ensuring customers that require support are identified and assisted appropriately
- Tailoring solutions that address the customer’s needs, whilst ensuring the right outcome for the customer and the bank
- Listening to customer concerns and escalating complaints when needed
- Correctly using internal systems to keep customer records accurately maintained and up-to-date
- Undertake a variety of contact roles, when required, based on customer preference and business requirements, such as; voice, letter, digital contact (e.g. SMS, video chat, on-line chat etc.).
- The ability to listen and be empathetic when interacting with customers on the telephone
- Experience working in a fast-paced contact or call centre/telephony environment
- Computer literate with the ability to navigate multiple systems
- Someone who loves solving problems with an affinity for numbers and good literacy skills, with the ability to understand the options available to customers and summarise them, plus good attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience dealing with challenging customers in difficult situations.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include:
- Competitive pay
- Generous pension contribution
- Healthy holiday allowance
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Private medical care
- Flexible working
- Voluntary benefits
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.