Customer Service Representative - temp-perm
Customer Service Representative
- Location: Liverpool (hybrid - 2 days in the office)
- Duration: 6 months with a potential to go perm based on performance
- Pay rate: £12.81/hour
- PAYE only
- Hours/week: 35/week
No previous banking knowledge is needed. If you have experience as a customer service advisor, you can apply from retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry. Your integrity, communication and empathy is what Barclays is looking for.
To get you off to a great start, you’ll begin the contract with a fully paid, eight-week training programme, where you’ll learn about Barclays, banking and the role. This training runs from Monday to Friday, from 9-5pm 3 days onsite.
After this, you’ll join the team in the Liverpool customer call centre two days a week and will work from home the remaining three days. The call centre operates from Monday to Sunday, between 7am and 11pm and you’ll work 35 hours a week during these hours.
Build your skills with Barclays
Barclays’ goal is to deliver an extraordinary customer experience every time. And the Customer Care team are the people that make it happen. Working at the customer contact centre in Glasgow, you’ll connect with customers, resolving their problems and making every customers’ experience a positive one.
How will you help Barclays’ customers?
- Respond to customer queries and provide excellent customer service on behalf of Barclays
- Use your initiative to find solutions to customer problems that exceed customer expectations
- Work with different communication tools, including telephone and electronic communications, such as email, SMS, Chat
- Break down customer queries and draw on a range of information to fully understand the cause, impact and solution
- Organise and prepare for each planned customer contact
- Ensure vulnerable customers are identified and supported appropriately
- Use our internal systems to make sure customers’ records are accurately maintained and up to date
- The ability to communicate with customers in an easy to understand and efficient way
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office tools to a high standard
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.