Customer Service Executive
Length of contract: initially 6 months
We are looking for a Customer Service Executive on a contract basis who will have the responsibility for receiving documentation from customers and analysing the documentation to ensure it is compliant which enables the Customer Service Executive to instruct a payment to the customer.
- Day to day interactions with our customers and clients
- Provide an outstanding client experience, strengthening relationships through the effective engagement with customers and clients and internal stakeholders
- Ensure policy and procedure standards are applied across all aspects of the end to end payment activity ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all documentation
- Ability to clearly communicate your findings and proposals to colleagues and Senior Management, in situations involving non adherence to policy and procedures
- Analyse documentation received from customers for accuracy and legitimacy in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements and judge whether the case is fit for payment
- Strong experience in delivering exceptional customer / client interactions and supporting operational performance - call centre experience is essential
- Ability to work collaboratively across the wider roles within the remit of the Head of Documentations, Helpdesk and End to End Payments
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to build and maintain effective internal relationships, with a focus on innovation and continuous improvement and development in all areas of work
- Strong influencing and communication skills both internally and with customers/clients showing diplomacy in sensitive situations
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.